What is Weight
Defined in the dictionary as the amount of force acting on the object, either due to gravity or to a reaction force that holds it in place. The amount of force that acts on the object and for our purpose that would be the human body. There are people in this country that are fit and lean and exercise every day to stay in shape and that is wonderful, I will call this group A.
These people in group A, do not have a problem with their weight and they have a high self-esteem of their bodies’ which is great. Group A, not concerned with calorie counting or diet restrictions but staying in shape and what classes to attend at the gym. A active group that loves to exercise and enjoy life to the max, they are also the people that get hired to work in the weight loss industry to help sell the latest fat loss product to you,
Group B is the people in this country who are overweight and spend their time in what I like to call the fat carousel. What is the fat carousel? It is an ordinary looking carousel created to house the over weight, obese people with the purpose of having them continue using the same diet with a different name. I will give an example, this year it is Keto Diet not too long ago Atkins Diet, High Carb Diet, Low Carb Diet, take a look at the list below is what is available now in the form of new diets.
Diet List of the Present
- Keto Diet-Difficult to sustain in the long term and restrictive
- Atkins Diet– Now called the Eco Atkins Diet
- Low Carb Diet-Now called Glycemic Index Diet
- High Carb Diet-Concerns of over indulgence of carbs
- Mediterranean Diet-Emphasis on fruits and vegetables and olive oil, fish
- Dash Diet-developed to fight high blood pressure
- Flexitarian Diet-A more flexible approach to dieting
- Weight Watchers Diet– A well Known diet that safe and effective
- Mind Diet-Combine Dash and Medeteranean Diet to effects brain health
- TLC Diet-Theraputic Lifestyle Changes good at promoting cardiovascular health
- Volumetrics Diet-Developed for cardiovascular health and Diabetes
- Mayo Clinic Diet-Great for Diabetes
- Ornish Diet-Severe fat restrictions but good
- The Fertility Diet-Follow these changes and you will get pregnant
- Vegetarian Diet-Solid and sound but no meat
- Jenny Craig Diet-Offers emotional support to followers
- Traditional Asian Diet-A reasonable choice eating pattern
- Anti Inflammatory Diet-Suppose to reduce inflammation
- Fat Belly Diet-Suppose to reduce your belly
- Nutritarian Diet- whole plant based foods
- Spark Solution Diet-Nutritious low calorie meals
- Engine 2 Diet-Heart health and Diabetes control
- Biggest Loser Diet-Popularized from the TV show
- Nutrisystem Diet-Middle of the road diet
- Vegan Diet-Eat vegetables and no meat, restrictive
- South Beach Diet-May be too restrictive for followers
- Zone Diet-Good for diabetes and heart health
- Abs Diet-Lose the belly fat in 12 weeks
- Macrobiotic Diet-Restrictive and comprehensive
- SlimFast Diet-A reasonable approach to dieting
- HMR Program-Expensive and not practical for most people
- MediFast Diet-Average weight loss results
- Acid Alkaline Diet-Control your PH through dieting
- Paleo Diet-Unable to achieve true results in the times of today
- Raw Food Diet-Too much work involved
- Supercharged Hormone Diet-Hard to follow not good
- The Fast Diet-Referred to the 5:2 diet you cut 25% of your intake daily
- Body Reset Diet-Hard to follow no long term weight loss results
- Whole30 Diet-Short term results and long term promises
- Dukan Diet-No evidence that it works
And I may be crazy but let me tell you that the diet industry bamboozeled us. If!, you are like me and you are in your 50s you might remember the diets introduced years ago. If!, you do not , let me take you on a walk down memory lane. The following is a list of the diets in the US and the year of introduction from the 1970s to the present, enjoy;
Yesterdays Diet List
- 1970- Weight Watchers Diet
- 1971-The Grapefruit Diet
- 1975-The Cookie Diet
- 1976-The Sleeping Beauty Diet
- 1977-SlimFast Diet
- 1978-The Scarsdale Diet-low carb, low cal diet
- 1979-The Ayds Plan
- 1980-The Cabbage Soup Diet
- 1981-The Beverly Hills Diet
- 1985-Jenny Craig Diet
- 1987-Deal A Meal by Richard Simmons
- 1988-Elizabeth Taylor Diet
- 1988-The Liquid Diet popularized by Oprah
- 1991-Low Fat Everything Diet
- 1993-Know More Dieting, the diet to follow if you jazzer sized
- 1994-The Ornish Diet
- 1995-The Zone Diet
- 1995-Low Sugar Diets
- 1996-The Blood Type Diet
- 1997-Ditching the diet pills after it was found they caused heart problems
- 2000-The Subway Diet
- 2002-The Macrobiotic Diet
- 2003-The South Beach Diet
- 2004-The Atkins Diet
- 2004-100 calorie craze
- 2005- the Biggest Loser Diet
- 2006-The Master Cleanse
- 2007-The Raw Food Diet
- 2008-Nutrisystem Diet
- 2009-The Fertility Diet
- 2009-Meal Replacement Shakes Diet
- 2010-Weight Watchers Point Plus Diet
- 2010-The Apple Cider Vinager Diet
- 2011-The Dukan Diet
- 2012-Cold Press Juices
- 2013-A Vegan Diet
- 2013-Going Gluten Free
- 2014-The Alkaline Diet
- 2014-The Paleo Diet
- 2015-Whole30 Diet
- 2015-The Mediterranean Diet
- 2016-Atkins Diet Revamped
As you can see it is a big list and 20 of today s diets were around years ago, I mean weight watchers is 48 years old. These diets sold to us in the past, renamed to fit into today s changing times. You can see that I put all diets in bold to show a reintroduction from the past and reintroduced for today.
Is This Still in Motion?
The carousel continues in motion around and around making sure no one gets off. The program states that you need to follow the program and pick a diet from the today s diet list, it is the new and improved list tested, verified and approved by all the top scientist in their field. They all work within the limits of their rules, if it does not work for you it must be you. Or, choose another diet from the list, it is complete and comprehensive and easy for all to follow just do not climb off the carousel.
You need to stay on the carousel where we will guide you to the next best diet that will work for you. Remember it is not your fault that success has not come to you. The human body has a different reaction for everyone because we are all unique in our own ways. You will lose the weight this time, just stick to the plan and pay up and do not let your life interfere with the dream of being thin. No!, do not stop eating that would destroy the food industry we just want you to keep eating more but follow the plan provided!
This is the program designed for the overweight population that is in place today. You need:
- Eat at least 3X a day or 6 small meals
- Do not skip breakfast
- Keep trying to lose weight,
- Do not stop eating, it will destroy your metabolism
- Losing weight takes time
- Follow a diet they all work
- Eat less and you will weigh less
- Do not fast it is bad
- Keep eating just less
- Pay up to lose the weight
I Tried 10 of These Diets and I am Still Fat!
Go ahead and give every single diet listed on today s diets a try and I am sure you will lose 10 or 100 pounds in a short period but it will not stay off. That is right it will not stay off! Why?, because the problem is not the diet the problem is life in a world full of food. Any place you go there are fast food places they all exist because we are a nation of eaters. Everyone likes to eat but not everyone likes what it does to them especially if they do not exercise.
The go to formula is, eat less that you will weigh less which is true but it is the way we use this phrase that confuses us and makes the diet industry millions of dollars a year. Diets designed to fail but they fail us every day because the diet industry knows that people will try a new diet with the hopes of it working this time. They understand the human mentality is to continue to spend money to lose weight but never reveiling what works. They always tell the consumer that they will lose 10, 20, 50, 100, 200 lbs in weight and not body fat.
The Human Body Will Burn the Fat!
Yes, The human body our body is efficient at burning fat. According to Medical News Today When we eat food the body turns that food into glucose to use as its primary source of fuel, which it does day to day as long as we eat. When fasting or in the fasted state (12-36 hours since last meal) the body can not use the glucose any longer because it depleted it since about hour 12, or 12 hours after your last meal.
In the fasted state the body will switch and start to convert certain fat cells into fatty acid which absorbs into the bloodstream. These fatty acids produce ketones which the body now uses as its new energy source. This whole process referred to by scientist as flipping the metabolic switch, and now the body will burn the fat for fuel as the primary fuel source.
Health Benefits of Fasting
According to the (Obesity Journal, Flipping the Metabolic Switch; Understanding and applying the health benefits of fasting, Pub: 31 Oct 20017) who conducted a comprehensive study on different types of intermittent fasting on test subjects and they found a great deal of information on the benefits of intermittent fasting. In this study intermittent fasting is shown to;
- Improve cardiomitobolic risk factors
- Decrease visceral fat mass
- Produce similar levels of weight loss
- improve lipid profiles
- improve osteoarthritis
- Healing of thrombophlebitis
- Healing of refractory dermal ulcers
- Tolerance of elective surgery
- Slow down aging and disease
This metabolic switch occurs between a 12 to 36 hour windows, or if you do not eat for at least 12 hours. The benefits are tremendous and the marvelous implications that this actually means to all of us. This implies that you can achieve your dreams of losing the body fat while improving the bodies’ health and decreasing risk factors. All of this and it will not cost you 1 penny, you no more spending any more money on any diets that do not work. This way of life does work and I am proof that it does work and can work for you.
Your Body will only use Fat as Fuel when Fast for 12-36 hours!
If It Worked for Me It Can Work for You!
Imagine one year ago I went in for my yearly physical to see my doctor and they took the blood and weighed me in at 250 lbs. And a week later they called me back and started talking to me about my cholesterol is borderline, my sugar considered prediabetic and my blood pressure is 155/110. This is not what I would call a great physical because the results were horrible.
But, fast-forward to this week and going to the same physical with the same doctor. I took the blood test but no results back yet, but when I stepped on the scale I weighed in at 232 pounds I lost 18 pounds in the course of 2 months. To be fair I exercise everyday doing cardio and weight training but nutrition wise I only fast every day.
I used the following procedure which helped me and can help you. But, remember this worked for me so take from it and create your own. Also, if you have any health conditions check with your doctor first just to be sure.
My COA ( Course of Action )
- Week 1 and 2: Do not start eating until 10 am and stop eating at 8 pm
- Week 3 and 4: Do not start eating until 12 or noon and stop eating by 8 pm
- Weeks 5 and 6: Do not start eating until 2 pm and stop eating by 8 pm
- Weeks 7 and 8: Do not start eating 4 pm and stop eating by 8 pm
- Weeks 9 an 10: Do not start eating until 5 pm and stop eating by 8 pm
- Final Phase if needed: Do not start eating until 7 pm and stop eating by 8 pm
There it is, this is my plan and I begin eating at 5pm and stop eating by 8pm Monday through Friday, on the weekend I do the same on Saturday most of the time and Sunday I usually have 2 meals because I am out with the family. This intermittent fasting works. I no longer need to stop for lunch or breakfast and I am full of energy and feel as light as a feather.
Wrapping it Up
In closing, Intermittent fasting is not a diet it is more of a lifestyle choice. It will not only help you achieve all of your dreams of losing the weight but will also prolong your life. A higher quality of life through intermittent fasting and science has just begun in their studies. One day soon the world will finally realize that intermittent fasting was the key to finally helping the body fix itself, and dont you want to live to see it.
If!, you enjoyed reading will I lose weight please leave a comment or your own review below and I will respond to you.
Achieve Your Dream Body,